Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove a user on my macBook Air?

how do I remove a user and all the info

on my macBook Air?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 7:25 PM

First make sure you're logged into another Administrative user, then go to System Preferences and go to Users & Groups (Or Accounts on 10.6).

You can then click the lock symbol, and then select the other account you want to get rid of and click the - sign.

It will ask you to erase the data as well, and you'll want to choose to do that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2011 7:25 PM in response to cookier

First make sure you're logged into another Administrative user, then go to System Preferences and go to Users & Groups (Or Accounts on 10.6).

You can then click the lock symbol, and then select the other account you want to get rid of and click the - sign.

It will ask you to erase the data as well, and you'll want to choose to do that.

how do I remove a user on my macBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.