Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good dlna server for Lion and sharp aquos Tvs

Anyone found a good dlna server yet for Lion and a Sharp Aquos TV

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 9:36 PM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2011 7:48 PM in response to rgmilley

I used to have a 30 foot HDMI cable going from my Mac to my Denon receiver (which just turned in to a second monitor) and using Plex, I would play my HD MKV files without issue. Now my Mac mini is in one room and the home theater is in another and I can't get any AVI or MKV files to play through my Samsung equipment. Vuze SUPPOSEDLY supports streaming to thousands of DLNA devices but while I could see my files, none of them would play. I've also tried Plex, VLC, EyeConnect, and TVMobili. I have the same problem with all of them. Either they won't play MKV files, or I'll select an AVI and it'll see the file but never play it. Then each server, in its own way, disconnects from my device.

Hardware:

Samsung PN51D8000 Plasma

Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-Ray

Denon 3808CI

Mac Mini - Intel 2.4GHz, 8 GB RAM, OS X Lion 10.7.2

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Dec 22, 2011 5:09 PM in response to rgmilley

I've started using Playback from Yazsoft with my Sony Bravia. I also tried XBMC (didn't work with the Bravia; this issue is discussed on the XBMC forums and I don't think there's a resolution) and TVMOBiLi (didn't feel very Mac-like). Playback is simple to use and made for Mac. I'm interested to give iSedora a shot since it claims to be specially tuned for Sony Bravia TVs, but very happy with Playback at the moment.

Good dlna server for Lion and sharp aquos Tvs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.