Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail: Auto Correction stopped working

Hello

Since a couple of days my auto correction stopped working. The option that mistyped works will be automaticly replaced by the correct word stopped working. I changed nothing in the preferences of the Mail Program.

Strange is that the correction in Textedit still working.

Also the Symbol & Text Substitution defined in the System Preferences still works in mail.

Is it possible that a plist ist damaged?

Any Help?

Regards

gérard

MacBook Pro 17, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 Gb RAM, 750Gb HD

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 10:41 PM

55 replies

Aug 8, 2011 1:52 PM in response to Camelot

I have the same problem that Gerard has.. Mail just stopped auto correcting about a week ago or so...don't recall exact date, but recently.. Under Edit, there's a place that says Spelling and Grammar, and then Check Spelling, but "check spelling automatically" is greyed out and not an option. I've quit mail, and I've rebooted, etc.. nothing makes it change.. Very frustrating to not have that work now. Any ideas?

Thanks..

Aug 11, 2011 9:55 AM in response to Gerard Dirks

I've payed attention to this issue a few days ago and also has started to look, whether I changed the corresponding setting occasionally, but no, I never touched it. It really appears that the last system update has broke it. I'll file Radar bug, so that there will be at least any hope to get it fixed in some future Security Update (like they always do for the retired systems).

Apple Mail: Auto Correction stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.