Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and airport security...

Anyone know if airport security treats the iPad the same as a computer (to be placed in a separate bin for xray). I would sure like to go through security without dragging it out.

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 1:25 AM

For U.S. airports, the Transportation Security Administration says THIS and: "Small electronics, such as iPods, can remain in carry-on baggage." (Source)

And there's a forum discussion on the subject HERE.

User uploaded file

6 replies

Aug 3, 2011 8:24 AM in response to Macaby

The link Alancito provided apply to laptops that are carried in specialized bags that include see-through compartments. The link is more about the bags than anything else. Moreover, the reference to "small electronics" refers to iPODS not iPADS.

When I've flown recently (domestic flights in the US), I asked the TSA folks how they wanted to deal with the iPad. They all said to remove it from the bag and place it in a separate bin. So yes, they appear to be treating the iPad like a laptop.

Aug 3, 2011 9:36 AM in response to Tamara

Sorry, I meant to mark your reply as correct although in this matter, it really depends on who and what the airport screeners believe it the correct way to handle this matter.

On my next trip, I'm going to leave in my carryon bag and test the "waters". If they give me any s***, I'll tell them it's just a bigger Touch.

iPad and airport security...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.