Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime X export formats only exporting audio without video.

I am attempting to export a 1080P ProRes LT file (I have tried with other formats too so this is not the issue) from QTX on Lion and all the format options only give me an audio file after exporting - no video. Does anyone know why this is happening?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 3:36 AM

21 replies

Aug 30, 2011 9:33 AM in response to tellomirakel

I'm having the same problem. After moving to Lion I can only get audio. I've tried all the settings. The reason why I am not using Quicktime 7 is because when I export a video I can only get interlaced frames. (those little bars in a video when there is fast movement) I found that exporting with Quicktime X gave me progressive frames rather than interlaced. But now I can only get audio! HELP APPLE!

Sep 25, 2011 3:37 AM in response to User Different

User Different... are you sure you're using Quicktime X? Not sure how you get to select particular codecs as this option does not appear in QTX. If you use Export then you only have the six presets and Audio Only. And using Share only lets you got to the designated places such as Fb, Yt, etc. If there is a way to select individual codecs then could you show me the way to do this?

Sep 25, 2011 4:36 PM in response to User Different

Don't bother with Final Cut X. They brought a professional program down to the consumer level and lost many features in the process. I am a videographer and there isn't a company that I have worked with or talked to that is considering upgrading to Final Cut X. Until Apple steps up, brings Final Cut back to the proffesional level, and fixes all these problems with Quicktime, it's going to be very hard for people in this industry to work around these issues.

Quicktime X export formats only exporting audio without video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.