Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Lion Mail: Microsoft Exchange Server Rejects Password

Hello,

I just upgraded to Lion and was attempting to set up all of my email accounts into Mail. My Yahoo, AOL, and Gmail accounts all worked fine, but my Microsoft Exchange account did not. When I set it up through Settings originally, everything seemed fine and it had no problem verifying the account. However, when I try to retrieve mail from the Exchange account within Mail, it gives me an error saying that the server rejected the password and then prompts me to enter the password again. I enter the correct password, and the same window pops up over and over again. Has anyone found a fix to this problem?

Thank you!

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 7:34 AM

31 replies

Aug 4, 2011 1:23 AM in response to dbperry

Same Problem here since days and nobody at Apple is picking it up, even though a lot of people experiencing the same issues.

I Tried deleting all accounts (GMX, Exchange) from Mail 5.0 and create a new one (only Exchange) here: "System Pref". -> "Mail, Contacs & Calendars". Account creation worked, but Mail keeps asking me for the password telling me the server rejected the pw, which is correct (as it worked with the account creation).

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, having switched from PC to Mac earlier this year and never ran into problems with a PC that took me longer than a day to fix (especially on productive systems!), i start to regret buying a mac...

Cheers

Aug 4, 2011 5:39 AM in response to espacioami

No it's the business account from my company and it has 12 characters, don't know if I can change it but will try. The password however has less than 12 chars....

Funny thing is i created a Mail account via Mail and suddenly it started receiving messages from today, but all my old messages are gone (even though they still have to be on the company server)

BTW my company is using an exchagne provider...

Cheers

Aug 12, 2011 8:04 AM in response to dbperry

I wonder why they deliver new releases, if they remove functionalities, it was all working fine with the previous version, and now I can't read my company's email any more on my computer.

This is ridiculous, already HTC has lost a client when they gave me a similar answer on connecting my android phone to my mac, now apple tells me I can't use my mac with my email. I probably made a mistake in buying a mac at all. Ubuntu and Windows seem to work a lot better, and to cost a lot less.

I'm really unsatisfied now, thanks for your answers.

Giulio

OS Lion Mail: Microsoft Exchange Server Rejects Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.