Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard inconsistencies in Lion

Nearly every time I click on a widget to edit or move it, the operating system drags me out of Dashboard and back to Desktop 1. It probably happens about 85% of the time. If I click into the blank field of the dictionary widget to type in a new search, dashboard slides to the left and I'm dropped back into my desktop space. I have to then swipe back over to continue using the widgets. The same happens if I go to click and drag a widget to move its position or click on the 'i' button to change settings. It seems to happen both on a machine I did a clean install on as well as one I upgraded directly from the App Store. So a clean install does not seem to be a practical solution for me in this case. It would also be nice to see the weather widget not shift around every time I open dashboard (only seems to occur if you are using multiple weather widgets). That's a pain as well. Anyone else reporting similar experiences? I've left feedback with Apple, but it's one of those things I feel will never be addressed.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2011, 2.3 GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 8:40 AM

10 replies

Dashboard inconsistencies in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.