Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tascam FW-1082 End of the Line with Lion - One Solution

If you've lost your Tascam FW-1082 control surface to the 64-bit world of Lion (Tascam will not make a 64-bit driver for this now discontinued product), and if you have relativly simple FCP7 audio mixes (like balancing a stero pair), there is a very neat iPad app introduced last year will emulate a control surface and wirelessly connect to your MacBook Pro or MacPro through the midi channel. See the AC-7 Core here:

http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core_Family.html

It is so impressive to see developers like Colin Morrsion pushing the digital envelope away from old style analog devices like physical motoized faders. Now, I've asked just today if he can make his product work with FCP X -- that would be impressive.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 12:43 PM

5 replies

Jun 26, 2012 10:59 AM in response to Shane Ross

You can also boot into 32-bit mode by holding down "3" and "2" right after the "bahh" at startup or use SixtyFour Switcher that allows the same thing via GUI.

I've have been doing this for about a year now with no problems, but now that I am looking to upgrade my RAM to 8GB I am facing the issue of replacing my FW-1082 as well so that I can boot into 64 bit and make full use of all the RAM.

Mar 30, 2014 10:42 PM in response to Dustin Isom

Hi, I'm new to the Mac world and have been using a FW1082 on a Windows based machine. I just bought a new MacBook Air. Is there anyway to get it to work with the Air? I tried your booting to 32 bit mode but that didn't work but I may have done it wrong. I have already downloaded the Mac drivers for the Tascam but the Mac doesn't see it and the firewire light is not iluminated on the Tascam. Any suggestions?

Tascam FW-1082 End of the Line with Lion - One Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.