Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto rebuilding library modified pics?

Hi,

My iphoto has been freezing and after reading different posts I rebuilt my library.First, I created a new library from my time machine. However, the thumbnails and pics were not visible so I rebuilt this new library using iphoto library manager. All the photos appeared with faces and places. However, the originals were there but I want my modified pictures. I do not want to go through my 15,000 pics and readjust all of them one by one. What should I do now?

Also, my videos did not show up (they were in a separate event) because my hard drive now has 3 libraries and is full. Should I delete the very first library? How do I bring those videos in the libray that works and from where?

THanks for any help

T~

Imac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Macbook

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 2:56 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2011 3:05 PM in response to socdoc

What version of iPhoto?

Also: If your hard drive is full...

OS X needs about 10 gigs of hard drive space for normal OS operations - things like virtual memory, temporary files and so on. Without this space your Mac will slow down as the OS hunts for space on the disk, files will be fragmented, also slowing things down, apps will crash and the risk of data corruption - that is damage to your files, photos, music - increases exponentially. Your first priority is to make more space on that HD. Nothing else can be done until you do. Purchase an external HD and move your Photos and Music to it. Both iPhoto and iTunes can run perfectly well with the Library on an external disk.

Iphoto rebuilding library modified pics?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.