Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to zoom in on the video footage when editing in FCE?

As the title says, is it possible? I'll be taking interview videos of my colleagues but with my prime lens on a single position. I will be taking upper body video but when editing I would like to zoom into the face when they are mentioning specific congratulations.

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 5:29 PM

You can scale the image up in the viewer or the canvas, but the more the scale it up to zoom in the softer it will become.

4 replies

Aug 3, 2011 5:38 PM in response to Big Joon

Big Joon wrote:

How do you scale the image up?

Edit the clip to the timeline. Once the clip is on the timeline, double click on the clip you just edited to the timeline, and the clip on the timeline will load into the viewer. Click on the Motion Tab in the viewer and adjust the Scale paddle. If you left the playhead parked on the clip in the timeline, you will see the adjustments you are making in the canvas.

Depending on the horsepower and source footage, you may need to render the clip after making this adjustment to see it in output quality.

Also, can this zoomed footage be reflected onto the final outcome?

Yes.

MtD

Is it possible to zoom in on the video footage when editing in FCE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.