Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popup "leaks" from Dashboard onto Desktop

Here's a good one...

On your Dashboard configure the Stock widget. Note that if you hover over a stock the mouse tuns to the "link" hand and it pops up a little description.

While hovering like this with the popup displayed, use the 4-finger swipe to go to your desktop (the mouse pointer should not move). Now move the mouse pointer a little back and forth and when it's over the same screen position where the stock is on the Dashboard, the same icon change and popup occurs, even though you are on your desktop. Move the mouse up and down and you should see the popups for other stocks...

To clear the condition, go back to the Dashboard and move the mouse pointer elsewhere then swipe back to your desktop.

<ET>

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 8:22 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2011 7:46 AM in response to Bill from Germany

Actually I had the reverse issue the other day - I started an app and then scrolled left to the dashboard, and the app window then came up behind the dashboard. I was unable to select it, and was unable to use Mission Control to move it elsewhere. The only thing I could do was quit the app from the dock or Activity Monitor...

<ET>

Popup "leaks" from Dashboard onto Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.