thanks Mark, its says
1 gigahertz (GHz) equivalent or faster, 32MB Graphic card, 1024 x 768 Display resolution, Broadband Internet connection, Win XP or higher.
Windows Browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 / Firefox 3.5.7 or higher.
Operating systemWindows XP SP2 or higher. MacOS X 10.5 Leopard or higher (Intel only).
Mac Browsers: Firefox 3.5.7+ / Safari 4.0.3+
Three plug-ins are available: one for Windows Internt Explorer, one for Mozilla FireFox and one for Intel Mac's running Leopard (Safari and FireFox). When accessing the URL for the IKEA Home Planner, a page for downloading the appropriate plug-in will be showed if not already installed. It is the same plug-in used for all countries and languages.
For installing the Mac plug-in follow the instructions on the screen. Here with some additional info:
- Download (save) the disk image file 2020PluginInstaller.dmg
- Mount the disk image (open/run the downloaded file) if not mounted automatically
- Find the 2020PluginInstaller window (might be behind the window on top)
- Drag the lego piece to the folder (if you do not have admin privileges you will be prompted to authenticate)
- Restart the browser (it is not enough to close the browser window, you need to restart the browser application)
- Access the same link and you will now see the Start button and be able to start planning your room
The plug in worked great with snow leopard but with Lion it does not work. IKEA now liste Lion as not compatible.
This is what IKEA says on their page about this issue ( see second paragraph):