Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AFP NAS not opening from finder

I have just rebuilt my iMac to 10.6.8 (I was previously on the same version but rebuilt due to ongoing hangs and crashes). I have been using a buffalo NAS drive for some time and have configured a number of AFP shares on this NAS.

These have always worked well and I have a mixture of shares that are open for guest access as well as some other that require specific credentials.

After the rebuild the NAS appears in Finder under the 'Shared' section but clicking on the NAS does nothing. It would usually try to connect, firstly with the guest account and then with another account if I chose to use the 'connect as' function, but now it just sits there and doesn't refresh the contents, but instead list the contents of whatever drive I was previously viewing.

If I browse through 'Network' and then to the drive it opens as expected, but it just won't open from the 'Shared' side menu.

Nothing has changed on the NAS recently and certainly not in between the rebuild so I am stumped as to why this doesn't open.

Under the my 'old' os I did a few extras installed, such as Fuse, but I am not sure this would make such a difference and I don't really want to install and run anything that isn't ultimately required.

Any thoughts or advice welcomed.

Paul

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 2:48 PM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2011 9:56 AM in response to p17blo

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem, although I think less luck than yourself.

When I try to connect to the NAS drive from Finder sidebar, it forever says Connecting..., but never gives me theoption to mount any sharepoints.

I've also tried accessing through the Network area of Finder, and also tried the Cmd+K > afp://...., but neither of these work either. Weirdly, turning the drive on and off solves the issue, but then after extended periods of not using the drive, the issue arises (I don't have any sleep settings set on the drive).

Did you ever find a soluion to this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

AFP NAS not opening from finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.