Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto question

I buit and bought a Book of Pictures with iPhoto : all is O.K.

Now I would like to make a diaporama with th complee book (photos, captions, texts and cover) - I do'nt how to proceed.

After that, I would like to save this diaporama on a DVD

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), iPhoto 9.1.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 3:21 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2011 3:31 PM in response to louisfromrennes

Follow Steps #1 and #2 in this tutorial: #6 - Creating an iDVD Slideshow From an iPhoto Book. Then immediately batch rename the images to Page with a sequential number after it using the File ➙ Batch Change ➙ Title to Text.

User uploaded file

Then you can use the images in your slideshow. If you don't rename the pages they can get out of order due to the crazy naming system that is used in the process.

What you get is something like this iWeb slideshow from a book: iPhoto Book as an iWeb Slideshow as far as the images are concerned.

OT

Aug 4, 2011 4:34 PM in response to louisfromrennes

My languague skills are minimal at best but it looks like there's a script to save to Aperture. Am I correct?

You can create your own Automator workflow to use and put it in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder. This is what it looks like in Automator:

User uploaded file

I made an additional workflow for 300 dpi which is the maximum that is used in printing books, etc. by Apple.

I named my modified version "Save PDF to iPhoto 300 DPI.workflow".

iPhoto question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.