Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix not available on Apple tv

Netflix not available on Apple tv yet it's working fine for Wii and my iPhone and iPad. Netflix has been down since Monday. Anyone else having similar issues?

-paul

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 5:51 PM

28 replies

Aug 25, 2011 9:09 AM in response to Paul Altobelli

I have discovered that after I updated to the latest Apple TV software update, I get the same message: Netflix not available - Please try again later. This update was the one where you can now purchase TV shows. I can play the TV show from Netflix on my iPad & computor but not with my Apple TV. I was able to stream other shows on the Apple TV, but not my show. I look around at Apple's TV show service, and my show is available there but for a fee! Coincidence?

Me thinks there is something going on here between Apple and Netflix.

Sep 13, 2011 7:48 PM in response to m.tag

m.tag wrote:

I have the same problem. I used to have no problem using Netflix on ATV2 until I downgraded to the $4.99/month streaming option for Netflix. Now it says streaming is not available for this device - and when I try to activate this device there is no activation code.

That's because the streaming-only account is $7.99. You've selected the "1 DVD out at a time plan" which does not include any streaming. Log back into your account and choose the "unlimited streaming, no DVDs" plan.

Netflix not available on Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.