Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why mice with Nanotransceptor not work right with the macbook pro?

Whenever some program processes the macbook, it happensin a mouse with Nanotransceptor interference. The only way to use mice with this feature is by placing the mouse Nanotransceptor side (left side).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 5:44 PM

27 replies

Aug 4, 2011 11:32 PM in response to AussieDJ

AussieDJ wrote:

Pardon?

AussieDJ's awake. What is it, 9-10-11:00 in the morning over there?

Anyway, translation:

"I have a mouse that uses a USB transceiver. Whenever I use a certain application (or maybe something else), it interferes with my mouse's reception unless I plug the transciever in the left side of my MBP. What's up with that?"

Ok, now you have to supply the answer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aug 5, 2011 12:31 AM in response to tjk

That made me laugh so hard.

tjk wrote:

AussieDJ's awake. What is it, 9-10-11:00 in the morning over there?

11:30 Actually.

I'm not actually sure on this one. I've had a looksy, and both the airport & bluetooth antenae's on a MBP that would even have USB on the right side, are mounted on the left side.

I could only suggest that he try plugging in another USB device, and see if it stops working when using the same applications.

Or, perhaps the USB dongle does not have ESD protection(Wild uneducated guess).

2 Questions: Is the OP left handed? What model is the MBP?

Aug 5, 2011 2:28 AM in response to AussieDJ

AussieDJ wrote:

2 Questions: Is the OP left handed? What model is the MBP?

OK, I think we give him/her a pre-unibody model, because it sounds like there are USB ports on both sides. So let's say an early 2008 15" 2.4GHz. And it doesn't sound like s/he really wants the mouse around the left side, so I'm thinkin' right handed. So there you go. All you gotta do is connect the dots. You better have this thing solved by the time s/he gets back here or I dunno what's gonna happen. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aug 5, 2011 11:29 AM in response to tjk

I have a mouse that uses a USB transceiver (right MBP 13" - 2011 new). Whenever I use a certain application (or maybe something else)(all application, mail, office, finder, etc).

Interference occurs with the mouse is on the opposite side of the transceiver (microsoft Nanotransceptor).

Does not have USB on the right side and I use the right hand.

Sorry for not speaking English very well.

Aug 5, 2011 8:07 PM in response to aqualungdesign

aqualungdesign wrote:

I have a mouse that uses a USB transceiver (right MBP 13" - 2011 new). Whenever I use a certain application (or maybe something else)(all application, mail, office, finder, etc).

Interference occurs with the mouse is on the opposite side of the transceiver (microsoft Nanotransceptor).

Does not have USB on the right side and I use the right hand.

Sorry for not speaking English very well.

Ok, you have a 2011 13" MBP and it has all of the ports on the left side.

So you have to plug the transceiver for the mouse in on the left side.

But you are right handed, so you use the mouse on the right side of the MBP.

Because the transceiver is on the left side, sometimes it does not keep its connection with the mouse on the right side.

Two potential solutions:

1. Get a USB extention cable, plug the transceiver into it, and bring it around to the right side of the MBP. (like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TH7GV4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539 851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00001ZWXA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DE R&pf_rd_r=1E327QX419V53B77SGPE)

2. Get a Bluetooth mouse so it can use the transceiver built in to your MBP.

Yes?

why mice with Nanotransceptor not work right with the macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.