Skip navigation

How do I make QuickLook to fit the screen width?

563 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2011 8:51 AM by maxi101 RSS
J. Chiu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Hi all,

After upgrading to Lion, there is one thing bothering me much --- QuickLook. I love Quicklook under Snow Leopard since it will automatically fit the screen width under Full Screen mode while I preview PDFs. But now, not to mention the uggly interface, the Quicklook just only display the whole page on the screen. I couldn't tell the content of PDF sometimes. And I couldn't even find a way to enlarge it.

Is there any way to adjust the content's size in Quicklook under Full Screen Mode? Thanks in advance.

• leroydouglas Level 6 Level 6 (13,330 points)
    Aug 4, 2011 6:02 PM (in response to J. Chiu)

Hold the option-command and the + and - signs keys.

This is similiar to control-two finger push to enlarge but independent of mouse position.

• captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,225 points)
    Aug 4, 2011 6:10 PM (in response to J. Chiu)

Couple of other options.  If you have a trackpad just pinch/zoom with two fingers to adjust the size.

You can also right click (cntl click) on the document and have several sizing adjustments.

Regards,

Captfred

• maxi101 Calculating status...
    Sep 18, 2011 8:51 AM (in response to J. Chiu)

Hi!

I have the same problem. QuickLook WAS excellent for reading PDF files. I have tried many things but cannot get it to fix width instead of height..

Now its completely useless. They have ruined one of the best things of Mac OS.. Darn I hope they make a new update and put it the way it was in Snow Leopard

If you figure out a way to make it work please let us know!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.