Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete custom template created in Motion 5?

First of all, thank you to Mark Spencer and Rippletraining for the amazing Motion 5 tutorials. Now that I created some custom templates for practice I would like to delete them. Can someone please tell me how to do that. Thanks!

Motion 5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 7:35 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2011 7:49 PM in response to yoch3

Well - silly me - I realized that the templates I created are in the Movies folder in my User account. Inside the Movies folder are Motion Templates.

Inside Motion Templates is a Titles folder. Inside that folder are the Themes and then the Specific Templates made for the given Theme. Inside that Themes folder - there are the Custom Templates I created and wish to delete.

So hopefully that is the correct thing to do! Mark (or whoever is reading this), let me know if this is not optimal. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2011 12:41 PM in response to Alex Gollner

Yoch3, the method you are using is correct. Alex makes a good point. If you want to just move them so they are out of the way, you could create a directory some place else to store the unused/unneeded effects, titles, generators, etc.

When you need them again, just move them back to the appropriate location in your user folder.

How to delete custom template created in Motion 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.