Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

hello,

after upgrading to Lion the boot is very slow.

Looking at /private/log/kernel.log

the following lines log are recorded

Aug 5 08:17:41 F1-compusysds1 kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleBCM5701Ethernet]: Link up on en0, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,2f00,0de1,0300,c1e1,3800]

Aug 5 08:18:55 F1-compusysds1 kernel[0]: nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

As you can see there is a difference of more then one minute from the two messages, and this cause a lonh boot time.

Please note that I've the same problem on two differnt computers, one is an iMac 27" intel Core i7 and the other is a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo.

Before the Lion upgrade both were running latest Snow Leopard.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Diego

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 11:51 PM

6 replies

Aug 14, 2011 5:22 AM in response to distri

I think it has something to do with the Open Directory. To run the tools that manage the OD configuration one should follow these steps (from: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528):

1. From the Apple menu choose System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu choose Users & Groups.
  3. Click the lock and authenticate as an administrator account.
  4. Click Login Options....
  5. Click the "Edit..." or "Join..." button at the bottom right.
  6. Click the "Open Directory Utility..." button.

The application that will open up is actually called "Utility Directory", tho. This article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21075

refers to OS X 10.2 "or later" and it has been updated Aug 5 2011. It says to disable the services, but whatever I deselect in Utility Directory doesn't apply. Still it should be a start for a better investigation.

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.