Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skimming stops working...

Sometimes (seemingly without reason) skimming stops working in my FCPX projects.. I have tried disable/enable both audio and video skimming, but I have to quit and relaunch to get it to working again...

Any clues?

Skimming works in the event library btw...

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 7:22 AM

33 replies

Sep 2, 2017 7:47 AM in response to KevinDKao

KevinDKao wrote:

You just have to hit the "S" Key on your computer and skimming will be reactivated.

No, that doesn't affect this bug. The bug behavior is that the Skim icon in the US is turned on. It's supposed to be skimming, but it doesn't. You can even turn Skim off and then back on and it still won't work. For me, just now, hitting the P button made it work. It's a weird bug.

Nov 9, 2014 12:46 PM in response to 7163

I'm having this problem too. I'm not sure what causes it to stop- it may be related to background rendering. Often when I switch to another app and switch back, skimming is mysteriously broken.

The UI control for skimming is still on, and toggling that control doesn't help. I have to restart the app to fix it. To me it looks like there's something blocking the video/audio decode operation that skimming performs. The head still appears to move, but the video/audio don't play.

Skimming stops working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.