Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure the certificate to be used by Mail.app

Hi,

I have a certificate which I can use to sign emails, however ther is no "email" field attached to that certificate.

An as far as I understood Apple Mail does not use a certificate automatically from the keychain unless the "email" filed of that certificate matches with the account email address.

Is there anyway to configure the certificate to be used by Mail to sign/encrypt emails per account?

Regards,

Sh.

Mail 5.0-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 8:19 AM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2011 6:38 AM in response to shayan1

I have the same problem with certificate use for signing - I have two valid certificates by two different trusted CAs. One of them is for communication with legal authorities etc., the other for my business - work with colleagues. It seems that based on what was the order of import of those certificates into Keychain, Mail decides to use one of them only. Anybody knows a way how to choose, or at least specify domains (2nd level) for which one certificate should be used instead of the other?

Configure the certificate to be used by Mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.