Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an oem windows 7 DVD but the bootcamp asst asks for an iso image

I am installing windows and I created the software update disk, I bought an OEM Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit license. When I try to do the create a install USB bootcamp asst looks for a ISO image. I put the DVD in the Superdrive but it cannot find the ISO image.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 9:52 AM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2012 9:38 AM in response to tmataya

This answer comes too late for this user, but for future users, after 2 trips to the Apple store and collaboration by a number of Geniuses, I now have Windows 7 running in Bootcamp and this was the fix:

You cannot simply download the Windows 7 files (iso or exe; we tried both) to a disc or USB and have Bootcamp recognize it, nor did using Disk Utility work in my case. We had to download a free iso burning program for Mac (we used SimplyBurns Mac). That program runs you through the necessary steps to properly burn the iso file you need. After doing so, Bootcamp recognized the installation file and everything worked as it should.

I have an oem windows 7 DVD but the bootcamp asst asks for an iso image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.