Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic Scrolling to Top of Window

Occasionally over the last several months, and at (seemingly) random intervals, any scrollable window I hover with my mouse pointer immediately begins to quickly scroll to the top of the page.

• This includes browser windows, iTunes, Finder, etc, focused or unfocused.
  • Any attempt at scrolling the page downward (e.g. multi-touch trackpad, mousewheel, dragging the scrollbar) is immediately interrupted by the glitch pushing the window to the top.
  • I often use a Wacom Intuos3 tablet connected via usb, but have no specific reason to suspect this is the cause (disconnecting makes no difference).
  • Restarting will fix the issue, but this usually happens at rather inopportune times.
  • All drivers/software are up to date.

I have searched a great deal for some discussion of this, but have not found the slightest mention of a similar issue. Has anyone encountered or heard of such a problem or have any insight as to how this could be caused?

I will try to record a video the next time this happens and link to it here.

2009 15, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 12:20 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2011 1:24 PM in response to ambiguish

User uploaded file/Library/Preferences - trash the finder & mouse plist files.

Disconnect all peripherals from your computer. Boot from your install disc & run Repair Disk from the utility menu. To use the Install Mac OS X disc, insert the disc, and restart your computer while holding down the C key as it starts up.

Select your language.

Once on the desktop, select Utility in the menu bar.

Select Disk Utility.

Select the disk or volume in the list of disks and volumes, and then click First Aid.

Click Repair Disk.

Restart your computer when done.

Repair permissions after you reach the desktop-http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25751 and restart your computer.

Empty the trash.

User uploaded file

Automatic Scrolling to Top of Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.