Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see the metadata in the grid view?

I am in View/Metadata Display/Customize and trying to set it so in the Grid view [which I take to mean the browser in grid style as opposed to list] and trying to have below each image the - Rating, version name, caption and keywords. I check my List and there are entries in all of those four categories. I checked the Grid View Expanded and all four are listed under Display Order. Adn Show Metadata below image is checked. But when I set it all up, only the Rating and Version name shows up no Caption and no Keywords tho there are entries in both and both are included in the list of the Grid Expanded View.

Any suggestions? I have unchecked and cleared out all those and reentered and reset them up and that hasn't worked.

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 2:04 PM

Do they show up if you make the thumbnails in Grid View larger?

I'm pretty sure Metadata Overlays for Grid View and Viewer are limited to one line for Badges & Ratings & Color Labels, and one line for all other metadata (in both the Browser and the Viewer). Put your most needed metadata field first in the list. I often need to see Keywords, and I often need to see the timestamp, and I often keep my Images in grid view small -- so I've set up Grid View Basic to start with the timestamp, and Grid View Expanded to start with Keywords.

Of course, that won't be useful if enlarging your thumbnails in Grid View doesn't show the missing metadata.

"Show below Image" forces the line with the Badges, etc., to go below the Image. If unchecked, this top line of the Metadata Overlay is superimposed on the bottom of the Image.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2011 2:04 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Do they show up if you make the thumbnails in Grid View larger?

I'm pretty sure Metadata Overlays for Grid View and Viewer are limited to one line for Badges & Ratings & Color Labels, and one line for all other metadata (in both the Browser and the Viewer). Put your most needed metadata field first in the list. I often need to see Keywords, and I often need to see the timestamp, and I often keep my Images in grid view small -- so I've set up Grid View Basic to start with the timestamp, and Grid View Expanded to start with Keywords.

Of course, that won't be useful if enlarging your thumbnails in Grid View doesn't show the missing metadata.

"Show below Image" forces the line with the Badges, etc., to go below the Image. If unchecked, this top line of the Metadata Overlay is superimposed on the bottom of the Image.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Aug 5, 2011 2:17 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

You might be right --- I made the pictures a bit larger and the Captions are added on = it seems there's about an inch or so left on the R side of the image at the bottom but right now I'm looking at nonkeyworded images.

And looking at the horizontal images shows more information than the verticals. Thanks much = I don't like it that way but I don't see any other answer - except to change the order in which I have the field listed == appreciate the help.

How can I see the metadata in the grid view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.