Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Snow Leopard Server - can't login with admin account

SO....i was having problems setting up network accounts from my mac Mini Server. I took it to the Apple Genius bar one night after work to get some help on why the login screen appears for Other..but could not login into any of the accounts I created.

They made an appt for me for the next morning since they had a "guy" that could help the next morning.

When I got there for my second appt..they said they don't support server issues. Only consumer products..I though the server WAS and i WAS a consumer of their products..so..they gave me a number of a consultant..of course..for pay...

So later that day I was trying some other configurations....the power came out while I was checking a monitor cable..and when I restarted I couldn't login to the master admin account.

Since mac mini server doesn't have a DVD drive..you have to boot up with their Server DVD from another computer and the Server installs it through airport.

So I did the boot up via airport from the server install DVD.

Did the Utility disk repair AND password changed. Got some error about not being to able to login if I don't change the keychains to the account.

Rebooted the server.

It didn't work.

So now stuck with a login window..and NO ACCESS to change anything.

HELP!!!!

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 2:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2011 1:08 AM in response to K I M B A K A T

You can access to system with root account.
If you didn't enable before, boot from SLS DVD and activate from menu (after choose language).
After that, reset all the passwords (there is a menu to do that).

After that exit from installer and reboot.

At login screen you can try to login with your user and new/blank password.

If it fails, you have to login with user root and the password you choose before.

With root user, you can access to all system, be very carefull.

Now you can create a new user and import all the files (you have to do a little work with permissions)

I hope i help you!

Mac Mini Snow Leopard Server - can't login with admin account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.