Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps are disappearing while I'm trying to download them

When I go to the app store and try to install an app, it pops up on my home screen with the little waiting status bar...and then disappears. I've tried rebooting, I have current iOS update, and these are apps that other iPad users are able to download.

Any ideas?

Ipad, iOS 4

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 3:47 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2011 12:11 AM in response to Roseymagnolia

Depending on what apps they are, have you set an age rating in Settings > General > Restrictions so that they are being hidden ? Have you checked all your homescreens by swiping the screen to the right, and if you try to re-download them do they show as already installed ?

When you rebooted do you mean a reset (press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, ignoring the red slider, after which the Apple logo should appear).

Sep 27, 2011 10:59 AM in response to Roseymagnolia

I'd try general troubleshooting in sequence, as you may have already done (assuming, as KP asked, you did actually do a Reset and not a Reboot).

Playing with Settings will also sometimes help, but sometimes not. Some apps, notably larger ones, will sometimes stall on the attempted download and will disappear. AFAIK, in those cases the most reliable way to get them into your iPad is to do it via iTunes, as part of a Sync.

Apps are disappearing while I'm trying to download them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.