Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal iPad issues with time zones, synching

I'm having some iPad iCal issues and can't seem to figure them out. I travel a lot for work through many different time zones. I would love to use iCal on my iPad 2 as my calendar of choice but it is getting very frustrating.

1: when subscribing to the RSS feed on my webpage calendar, the times are always off by several hours.

2: when traveling between time zones the times change whether I have time zone support on or not

3: I often have to fill in the times of appointments I have in other time zones, I know they are in other time zones, why does my computer need to know that?

4: synching with my computer also doesn't show up as the right time

This last one is my main issue:

5: what are you supposed to do for flight times? You take off in one time zone and land In another, you can't fill in start and end times of one appointment in 2 different time zones.

I wish iCal had an option to not use time zones at all so if I have an appointment in Montreal one day and Vancouver the next with a flight in between, the times I write in my calendar stay the same.

Grr, can anyone help? (or decipher this post that is confusing as iCal is?)

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 4:25 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2011 8:26 AM in response to tyduncan

I went to the apple store for this issue. He was as perplexed as I was. When the time zone is off, the times should not change.

What we did was, we put time support on and made sure that all devices had time support on and was set to the same time zone (eastern in my case but it really doesn't matter).

Make sure when you sync that all your devices are on the same time zone (if you are in England, BST, if in Japan, Japan time and so on). And keep the time zone support steady on Eastern (or whatever you choose at the start)

I have had it this way for 4 weeks now and it has actually worked.

Good luck

Sophie

iCal iPad issues with time zones, synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.