Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype doesn't work

Since I "upgraded" to 10.4.4, Skype doesn't work. I downloaded the latest version of Skype and it starts up fine. My contact list is there, however all the icons are greyed out--pushing "call" for example does nothing. Since the upgrade, Safari has been acting weird (especially with AOL.com) but that's another subject. Skype still works fine on my laptop (10.4.3). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ralph

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jan 19, 2006 10:12 AM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2006 1:40 PM in response to Ralph Sauer

Ralph. I have Skype 1.0.4.35 installed with OSX 10.4.4. I have not experienced any problems at all since the upgrade.

You may get a better response if you post this message again on the Skype discussions under Mac OSX

Make sure that your status is "Online" as when the Mac wakes up from sleep sometimes it remains on "Offline". Then everything is greyed out.

Apr 10, 2006 5:58 AM in response to Ralph Sauer

I'll add my thanks... I have not been able to use Skype since downloading the upgrade in Jan 06, but I got the download AND added a content protection package at the same time. I figured my issues were far more complicated, so I solicited help from Skype and the content protection program people to no avail. Skype was simply offline (which I'd not ever had happen before, so I never thought to look at this). Bottom line - the solution was so obvious that I couldn't see the woods for the trees.

Best regards...
Kerry

iMac G5 PowerPC 20in iSight 2.1 Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Skype doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.