Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air cooling issue?

Hello everyone, I am purchasing a MacBook air 13" and the configuration is ;1.8GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

256GB flash storage.

Am I going to have cooling issues?

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 6:41 PM

I have the same MBA conifguration that you are getting. It stays quite cool for me. For normal use (web surfing, email, iPhoto, etc.) it is a lot cooler than my old Core 2 Duo MBP. The i7 CPU hardly breaks a sweat doing things that the Core 2 Duo had to work much harder to do. I don't know yet what it will be like if I do heavy-duty CPU work, such as video conversion, but I hear it doesn't get very hot even for that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2011 6:41 PM in response to danielfromrutland

I have the same MBA conifguration that you are getting. It stays quite cool for me. For normal use (web surfing, email, iPhoto, etc.) it is a lot cooler than my old Core 2 Duo MBP. The i7 CPU hardly breaks a sweat doing things that the Core 2 Duo had to work much harder to do. I don't know yet what it will be like if I do heavy-duty CPU work, such as video conversion, but I hear it doesn't get very hot even for that.

MacBook air cooling issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.