Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing cydia

guys unfortunately i given my iphone to my friend for 1 day and he installed cydia huh.... i want to remove cydia so help me guys

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.2

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 11:46 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2011 12:46 AM in response to donald varghese

If you're successful in restoring without errors, you should be able to update to iOS 5 when it's released in the fall.

Don't be tempted to hack the phone and install the beta from a pirate site. Apple is cracking down and permanently disabling phones with iOS 5 not obtained legitimately through the developers's program.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/08/05/apple_cracking_down_on_non_develop er_devices_running_ios_5_report.html

removing cydia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.