Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues modifying files brought from FAT32 & NTFS drives.

I recently moved from PC, I had an external HD that was formated into NTFS. In order to get my data moved around I've taken alot of files off the NTFS drive onto my Vista PC, then reformated that drive as FAT32, back onto the drive, then from the FAT32 drive to my Mac. Now if I try to rename the folders, or the contents of those folders, I get the dreaded "BLOOP". If I try to move them, they insist on copying rather than cutting.

I've checked the permissions on the folders & files; I have read & write access.

I am in an admin user.

I've run repair disk permissions & repair disk just for good measure.

I really think its got to have something to do with them coming from the NTFS and/or FAT32 drives. Only files coming from those drives seem to be effected. Anyone got any ideas?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 3:33 AM

There are no replies.

Issues modifying files brought from FAT32 & NTFS drives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.