Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my password via Lion Server web front-end?

I'm trying to enable my users to be able to change their passwords from the default value I've given them. This can be done from the user's profile page but when with the new Lion Server web interface, I select the "Change Password" at the bottom of the page and I get the following result:

Changing passwords is turned off.

You can turn it on by using the Server app on the server.

I'm assuming I cannot use the Server app on my client computer (a MacBook Pro) so I use the Server app on the server. I cannot find out how to enable this feature. I've been all over the Lion Server help documentation but can't find out how.

I've selected my server in the Hardware section on the left-hand side of the Server app and gone to the Settings tab and checked the "Enable screen sharing and remote management" box but I still get the message above.

Thanks in advance...

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 5:31 AM

8 replies

Aug 6, 2011 6:33 AM in response to Tobin Anthony

In Server App, go to the Web service in the sidebar and select the default site (ex. server.example.com), then click the pencil button. Check the box that says "Allow Users to Change Their Password" then click Done. It might take a few moments for the changes to be reflected on the web interface, but that will enable web-based password changing for users.

How can I reset my password via Lion Server web front-end?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.