Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BJUSBMP.kext is not valid

HElP

Recently alot of folders in my documents have changed Permissions and dont let me put documents in there, then I have changed again and everything went well, but when I restart the computer show this message

/System/Library/Extensions/BJUSBMP.kext is not valid

And my ipad, and my ipodTouch dont load in Itunes when I conect.

I probe the ipad and ipod in another Mac and its load perfect when i conect, and i updated all the software but the problem its still there

thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 7:44 AM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2012 1:25 AM in response to Ty Ford

Ty Ford wrote:

Hey Apple

Apple has left the building.

I have 5 .kext files that pop up and say the same thing.

It is possible that the respective kernel extensions are 32-bit and you're running a 64-bit kernel. See

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4287>

for instructions on how to deal with this.

IMHO, the better option is to remove them and then update the software which installed them and depends on them. If the respective developer doesn't provide 64-bit kexts, chuck the software and get something different. Bugs and incompatibilities in kernel extensions have the potential of bringing down the OS. Unless I absolutely have no other choice, I do not install any software which requires a kext to operate.

BJUSBMP.kext is not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.