Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stange behaviour HP printer Photosmart B9180

Today suddenly i have troubles printing from Adobe Photoshop CS5.

When i choose print, the settings dialog comes. Then when i press " print settings " Photoshop crashes

"

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007fff78b6d3f8

"

When i save my image and print it with Aparture i can perform all settings BUT the print result is a paper dripping in wet ink. The printer spoils the whole paper with all colours making one mass of wet ink. (luckely i could clean the floor, because the ink dripped of all sides of the paper)

I noticed a recent update of HP printer software for OSX Lion from Apple? Maybe it has to do something with this?

When i print a testpage from the built in printer menu it works perfectly.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 1:11 PM

8 replies

Aug 13, 2011 8:46 AM in response to kbugsy

@kbugsy

My Photoshop CS5 crashes when executing a printjob since the update to Lion, in other words " the same problem as you discribe"

Sorry, no solution Yet.

Together with my other problem ( my printer is flooding ink with the new HP Lion driver ) i have to transfer my printjobs to a shared folder, start windows 7 (bootcamp) and print with Qimage (a pro solution for print jobs)

Aug 20, 2011 3:54 AM in response to BasNL

I solved my problem. (thanks to Robin Warren) It's all about the new HP printerdriver that was rolled out 8 aug 2011, called Version 3.3

The crash problems and the huge ink spill problems are gone.

I posted my problem in the HP forum also:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-printing-and-scanning/Very-stange-behaviour-Pho tosmart-B9180-prints-with-huge-amount/td-p/804413

The solution is roll back to driver version 3.2 !

This driver is not available on Apple and HP, so follow the instruction in the HP posting ( in short, replace the HP folder in Printers from a backup)

If you do not have a timemachine copy from 2 months ago, i provided the whole HP folder as a download.

I know it's not the best way to solve problems, but i'm annoyed that there was NOBODY from HP supporting my threath.

Aug 27, 2011 10:02 AM in response to BasNL

Found this on Photoshop forum, worked for me.......Everything was fine when, suddenly, I started receiving an instant CS5 photoshop shutdown and a strange apple crash window while trying to open the (epson T1110) printer preferences window inside photoshop printer window. Days of despair, changes of printer (to other epsons and hps), CS5 reinstalls, dozens of cleanups and disk repairs and nothing: the trouble was rock solid. Today, after putting aside a bad wish of downgrading Mac OS Lion to 6.waterever I've got a striking JobGod message out of the blue: "just try to change the way MacOS is opening photoshop to 32 bit mode (what we can easily do by accessing "Get Info" over the photoshop app file and changing it by clicking in the 32 bit mode opening box)". IT WORKS!!! You've got to lose your 64bit mode running capability, but you are back in the game until Apple/Adobe geniuses try to fix this s...

Sep 22, 2011 3:30 AM in response to BasNL

I too had this problem and thanks to a post in the HP forums (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-printing-and-scanning/When-will-HP-provide-HP-P rinter-Drivers-Lion-for-their-customers/m-p/876165/highlight/true#M20743) I managed to roll back to an earlier driver. The key is to remove ALL HP sofware with Ctrl-Alt-Cmd in the HP Uninstall program before installing the older driver.

I did contact HP by e-mial about this and got a call from them. They blamed Apple since it was downloaded from Apple Software Update. And Apple blame HP. Catch 22!

The real point to make is that Software Update is still trying to push HP Printer Update 2.7 which caused the problem in the first place.

Now running Time Machine!

Stange behaviour HP printer Photosmart B9180

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.