Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone had a problem with iphoto not sending full resolution pictures lately? In other words even though I send a pic full size when it arrives at its destination the size is very small!

Has anyone had a problem with iphoto not sending full resolution pictures lately? In other words even though I send a picture full size, when it arrives at its destination the size has been reduced to a point where the pics are useless for printing, enlarging etc. This has only happened over the last month or so, up until there didn't appear to be a problem.

I'm wondering if there has been an update to my iphoto which has messed with the emailing of pictures. I had to deal with something similar in my mail account early this year!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Aluminum

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 1:21 PM

10 replies

Aug 6, 2011 2:33 PM in response to Yer_Man

In this last little while with the help of this forum I have narrowed the problem down to using Apple Mail in IPhoto . When I changed the setting in the iphoto mail composition window and sent the picture to myself at my servers address the picture came through at full resolution but it took a while to send; if I send the photo in the same way to my gmail address the photo is just a photo and will not download from gmail, this problem appeared in this last month or so. If I go to my Apple Mail and attach the photo to an email (rather than using iphoto email), the photo arrives in gmail as a file and can be downloaded.

I originally downloaded ILife 09 several years ago, when I just checked my Apple "About this Mac" it tells me I have IPhoto 8.1.2

I am wondering if there has been an update to IPhoto recently which has interfered with the mailing part of the IPhoto program. Last year I had to figure out and fix another glitch with Apple Mail caused by an update to Mail, it was my servers tech support people who clued me into that problem!

anyone had a problem with iphoto not sending full resolution pictures lately? In other words even though I send a pic full size when it arrives at its destination the size is very small!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.