Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my 1st gen apple tv "tv show favorites" can't be deleted

I have added a lot of favorite tv shows to my favorites list over a long period of time and some of them can't be removed. I feel like nobody else has this problem. When I click the show it says "add to favorites" rather than "remove from favorites." it only happened to certain shows and it pretty much random. Can anyone help me find a way to un-add them.

Apple TV, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 2:14 PM

The solution is pretty extream but it can be done. I had this same problem with podcasts. If you go into the settings and have it do a factory restore it will completely revert the ATV to its out of the box conidtion. This will clear all the data and settings on it, so it will have to re-download ALL the software updates, AND re-sync all your content will probably take several hours.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2011 2:14 PM in response to LauraBorn

The solution is pretty extream but it can be done. I had this same problem with podcasts. If you go into the settings and have it do a factory restore it will completely revert the ATV to its out of the box conidtion. This will clear all the data and settings on it, so it will have to re-download ALL the software updates, AND re-sync all your content will probably take several hours.

Some of my 1st gen apple tv "tv show favorites" can't be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.