Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix a botched attempt to delete Xcode?

Okay, So I had xcode. Then I no longer wanted it. So I planned to delete it. I did so by finding the developer folder within my HD, dragging the whole thing to the trash and then emptying it. I later found out that I should have actually run a terminal command to get rid of the whole thing. Anyway, in my attempt to delete Xcode, there are three files that simply will not delete: DTInstrumentsCP, in the folder Library>PrivateFrameworks>DTInstrumentsCP.framework, and DTMessageQueueing, in the folders Library>PrivateFrameworks>DTMessageQueueing.framework. Both of these frameworks say they are still in use, and can not be deleted because of this. Finally, the Instruments app under Developer>Applications will simply not delete, and It says to check the permissions. I did so and they are all fully open.

Minor second question: How do I get my unwanted developer icons off launchpad, as well as another downloading copy of Xcode that can't be deleted because it's in the downloading stage?

Answers/Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Xcode-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 11:58 PM

4 replies

How do I fix a botched attempt to delete Xcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.