Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete an app that just says 'loading...' but never has an X

i downloaded garage band. I have also re-synced my ipad and my computer many times.

the problem: the garageband icon just forever says 'Loading....' but never actually does.

I cannot delete it like a fully loaded app because there is never an 'X' that is there when you press it.

I have tried to reload the app by simplye plugging into the computer as normal when you 'sync' but this app never leaves the 'loading...' mode.

Help! I either want the app to load and work or I want to delete it.

For now, since we cant seem to get it to work...how do i delete it?

I have the ipad with the largest storage and the 3G

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 1:43 PM

10 replies

Aug 7, 2011 2:23 PM in response to vincefrompaoli

The 20 meg is a limit for 3G which is there at the request of the phone carriers. Usually turning on wifi followed by a reset allows the download to resume after the iPad has restarted, or downloading to your computer and copying the app over works - not that I'm talking from experience as my iPad is wifi only so I've never had the problem.

Aug 7, 2011 3:07 PM in response to vincefrompaoli

I've just been through this experience with Pages. I assume the application shows up in your iTunes, under Apps, correct? If so:

1) with your iPad connected to your computer, CTRL click on your iPad name under Devices and select the Back-up option.

2) from your Summary page (see menu buttons at top of screen), select the Restore button. NOTE: This is going to restore your device to factory settings and will take a little bit of time).

3) when the Restore function is finished, there will be an option on the screen to restore from you iPad backup. Click on that.

At this point, my Pages application was now an active and accessible icon on my iPad.

One caveat, this morning when I downloaded a small "to do" app from the App Store, I watched as my Pages icon on the iPad went into "Paused" mode and then plunged into the perpetual "Loading" and/or "Waiting" modes again. After repeating the steps above, it is once again active on my iPad, but I now wonder if I'm going to have to back up, restore to factory setting, and then re-install everything each time I download a new app...? Only time will tell.

This is a problem associated with the 3G service, with it's 20MB limit and, I'm assuming, will occur with every download that exceeds 20MB...?

I understand that access to WiFi resolves the issue; unfortunately, I don't have WiFi.

Aug 7, 2011 3:23 PM in response to vincefrompaoli

You can try this before you restore your iPad. Finish the download in iTunes on your computer.

1. Launch iTunes and from the menu at the top go to Store>Check for available downloads. If the download has not completed you can now do in here.
  2. After the app completely loads in iTunes, connect your iPad to your computer and select the app to sync (put a checkmark next to the app name in the apps tab in iTunes) and sync to the iPad
  3. Then while the iPad is still connected - unsync/delete (uncheck the app in the apps tab of iTunes) the app from the iPad.
  4. When the sync is complete see if the waiting icon is still on the iPad. If not - sync the app back to the iPad.

Sep 11, 2011 9:57 PM in response to vincefrompaoli

Hi,

I have tried and solved the problem by the following sequence:

first goto settings tab and then select store.

it gives option of using cellular for download if wifi is not available (this is for 3G version), select off

then at bottom it shows your apple id, clicking on it gives option of signing out.

select and sign out.

this solves the problem and loading of app icon dissappears and is replaced by the fully downloaded app.

thanks

how do i delete an app that just says 'loading...' but never has an X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.