Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add users email to manager account

Hey just got my email server up and running. Great it works

Now my question is how would I be able to manage other users account from the managers account.

Example:

Manager-1 needs to supervise email accounts for sales-1 sales2, sales3

If he adds sales-1,2,3 to his short name it conflicks with other peoples short name (sales-1,2,3). I added it to the info on workgroup, however the email did not go in that box. Only on sale-1,2,3.

ps I was looking at the mail on webmail.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 6:24 PM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2011 10:02 AM in response to rgiraldo Orlando FL

You dont manage email by using/adding short names to the user's account.

Every user has their own unique short name. This in effect becomes their email account (it can be something else)

In Workgroup Manager, you need to setup groups - Sales1, Sales2, Sales3, etc. Then add each user to their respective group and then the email for that sales group becomes sales1@example.com and sales2@example.com. Also add the manager to the group list and that manager will get a copy of all the mail that group receives.

How to add users email to manager account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.