Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable badges for Words With Friends?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of the folks in this community know how to disable badges for Zynga's Words With Friends. I would prefer not to have the badge telling me how many outstanding moves I have pop up at all. I've disabled all the notifications for the Words With Friends app, and yet they still appear.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 6:27 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2012 10:52 PM in response to Sammy Stefanki

I have a similar problem with CardStar. It displays an icon badge that I would like to disable, yet there is not setting in the app to disable it, and it doesn't appear in the "Notifications" section of the Settings app either. Since badges and notifications are supposed to be centrally managed in the Settings app now, I consider it Evil that an app can display a badge and not have it be subject to user settings. Is this app exploiting a API loophole or just legacy behavior that will go away? At least I won't need CardStar any more once I get iOS 6 and the Passbook app.

Disable badges for Words With Friends?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.