Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heat Output (BTU)

Does anyone have the specs on the iMac Core Duo 17-inch heat output, in use and a rest, in BTUs? I have not been able to find a detailed spec sheet on Apple.Com yet. I am considering purchasing 80 or more of these Macs for the university and I need to adjust for cooling needs.

Thanks!

Dean Roberts
Macintosh Systems Manager
Western Illinois University

iMac 17" Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.4), Managing 500 other Macs!

Posted on Jan 19, 2006 2:52 PM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2006 5:09 PM in response to deanr

Dean,

I don't have an actual direct answer, but wanted you to know that I went to a local Apple Store where both editions of 20" iMac G5 and 20" iMacIntels had been running all day at the end of the day and there was no discernible difference in operating temperatures to the touch front and back.
I have had emails back from 2 companies that write temperature utilities and they have yet to receive their Intel versions of Macs to test on.
OS 10.4.4 has increased the operating temps of many of our Macs (5 degrees Celsius avg) where we measured temps or observed fans cycling that did not do so previously.
Next week we will attempt to measure some of the Duos.

Someone at Apple in the Education Division should be able to provide you with exactly what you need.

Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Heat Output (BTU)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.