Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any one know how to get around this site www.consumersurveypanels.com ?

how is it that this site greys out all the commands and is it dangerous?

I had no choice in using click okay on the little window that poped up ?

I thought that safari would be more secure and working in the mac enviroment would mean that things like this don't happen as frequently

this is the offending site which gave me the popup survey window and yes i had disable popup checked in the safari prefernces.

http://www.astrologyzone.com/forecasts/monthly/pisces_full.php

which is tied to this website

http://customersurveypanels.com/

thank you

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 11:25 PM

34 replies

Aug 15, 2011 2:35 PM in response to steventong

There is a lot of people getting this on their mac.

I called Apple and spoke to a 2 level engineer. They did not want to admit it was Malware, just a badly written app, but you are you fooling

Any way...

Deleted Cache folder contents

deleted Preference folder contents

and in Lion:

the Application Autosave folder contents.

I then deleted Safari app, and restore the app from a good early TM backbup

reboot

Aug 21, 2011 2:57 PM in response to steventong

i have a macbook pro, new, got it only a week ago and this same thing happened to me. sounds like some of you have already solved the problem, but i thought i'd put what i did out there. i was on the phone with apple, but i think it was a happy mistake that solved the problem.

1. get out of safari. all the way out. use Safari>Quit Safari and Apple>Force Quit>Safari if one or the other doesn't work. it also helps if you click on the tops of the pop-up/windows (if there are any) beforehand.

2. Remove the Safari icon from your dock. Empty trash (Empty trash each time you trash something right now.)

3. Go to Finder, Applications and drag your safari onto the desktop, then onto the dock. it should have a little black arrow next to it. hopefully the scam has attached itself to the shortcut. try opening safari from the shortcut or redo these steps and try opening regular safari.

4. if you do not already have Firefox, use your working safari to go to the apple website and get firefox downloaded.

5. now delete the shortcut safari's. Empty trash. Restart computer.

hope this works for you. im sorry if it doesn't. i may not have recalled the steps correctly, but in that case, i hope you play around with it and that i have set you on track to a solution.

any one know how to get around this site www.consumersurveypanels.com ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.