Currently Being ModeratedAug 9, 2011 12:19 AM (in response to P&L)
Found a work around of sorts, but it is not ideal:
Problem: VGA monitor not displaying an image when plugged into a macbook air via mini-display port to VGA connector.
- Plug in mini display port & VGA cable
- Wait for computer to detect display
- Unplug the VGA cable but leave the mini display port adaptor plugged in to the computer
- Under settings > displays, click "detect displays"
- Wait for computer process the fact that the VGA monitor has been unplugged from the adapter (normally denoted by the macbook air screen flashing)
- Plug the VGA cable back into the adaptor
- Click "detect displays" again
- External VGA monitor comes to life
Unfortunately, on my computer I have to repeat these tedious steps every time I wake the **** thing up from sleep mode or the display goes to sleep automatically.
WHY APPLE?? Why does windows work better on your own hardware??
Currently Being ModeratedSep 5, 2011 4:01 AM (in response to P&L)
i have just started to experience this as well with my new macbook air. have you had any better resolution of this issue?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 5, 2011 6:31 AM (in response to drmrh)
Sorry, I never found a better solution. I gave up on Mac OS and exclusively use Windows 7 64 bit on my macbook air.
I really, REALLY disliked Mac OS, don't know if it was just Lion, but I didn't get on with it at all.
Oh well, at least my Windows box is a pretty one :-)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 26, 2011 4:14 AM (in response to P&L)
Connecting MacBook PRO 13" (SerialNumber C17FV5G1DH2G, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74) to SonyTV using PC input and thunderbolt VGA adaptor (Model numberA1307) does not work. TV indicates no signal.
- Connecting PPC mac mini to 19'' monitor using VGA cable (adaptor not used,) works just fine.
- Connecting PPC mac mini to Sony TV using VGA cable to TV PC input (adaptor not used,) works just fine.
- Connecting MacBookPRO to 19 '' monitor using adaptor works just fine.
- Connecting MacBookPRO to Sony TV with adaptor using PC input with does not work. Appears to connect OK but indicates no signal being received.
Any ideas what I may be doing wrong, or do I have a defective MacBookPRO
Currently Being ModeratedApr 23, 2012 7:01 PM (in response to P&L)
Do you happen to have Air Display installed? That application caused many of these problems for me. I finally realized it and had to uninstall.