Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook contact "other" phone numbers not syncing.

It seems when I have multiple phone numbers in an Outlook contact other than work, home, mobile, and other; these phone numbers aren't syncing to the iphone. These are numbers that, in Outlook, you have to click on the field to select and see the other number.

For instance, say I have a contact with a work, home, mobile, and other phone number. In Outlook, I want to add a Home 2 phone number. So I click next to the home field in Outlook and select "Home 2" and then enter a number. Now I have both numbers stored in Outlook, Home and Home 2, albiet I have to toggle between the two to see them.

These are Exchange activesync accounts and I have replicated this with both Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010. Outlook 2010 is the other side of the equation.

Home 2 doesn't come over to the iPhone. And it not just "Home 2", that was used as an example. It's essentially, it seems, any numbers that you add beyond the four fields available in the Outlook contact. I would really be surprised if it wasn't capable of syncing this. Am I missing something? Anyone else having the issue or successfully dealing with it? TIA.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 4:18 AM

It looks like the following Fields in Outlook simply do not map over to the iPhone and don't sync.

: Callback, ISDN, Other, Other Fax, Primary, Telex, TTY/TDD

Has anyone successfully mapped nay of these fields from Outlook to the iPhone?

9 replies

Jan 27, 2013 11:17 AM in response to bonzay

I have been facing the same problem where i have contacts on my iphone with multiple numbers and the labels assigned are not the same labels on outlook. I have tried to create fields in outlook contacts matching those on my iphone but when I synch, i do not get the numbers under one contact copied completely but also i loose some contacts completely.

I have researched this issue extensively and I have failed to find a olution. It seems that iTunes and outlook do not completely talk to each other and we await Apple to fix this shortcoming.

Jun 8, 2014 3:38 AM in response to CTOF

I saw that post and i had to reply for it.

A little-great-working solution for that is to run those 3 lines (one line at a time) on powershell and all the "Other" lable contacts will change to "Mobile" label and here you go, like a magic - all contacts phone numbers are now visible on the phone again.

(Drop the 1. 2. 3. from the lines of course)

Hope i helped someone 🙂

1. $outlook = new-object -com outlook.application

2. $contacts = $outlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(10)

3. $contacts.Items | % { if($_.MobileTelephoneNumber -eq "") { $_.MobileTelephoneNumber = $_.OtherTelephoneNumber; $_.OtherTelephoneNumber = ""; $_.save() } }

Outlook contact "other" phone numbers not syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.