Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not working after 10.6.8 update

Hi,

My printer was working fine until I updated my imac to 10.6.8.

Now, i have been getting this error whenever i try to print:

Error:/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/ MacOS/rastertoescpII failed

I have an Epson stylus PHOTO RX640.

Im not sure about the driver as i havent needed to download a driver manually, before when I first tried the printer(before update) it automatically worked and printed and didnt ask me anything about drivers..

I tried deleting my print queue, restarting everything, changed my printer to factory settings. (I've looked on other places and i wasnt sure what it meant bby manually adding printer queue..?o.O)

My printer only doesnt want to print. it scans fine, just doesnt print.

HELP PLEASEEE

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 8:16 AM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2011 6:19 PM in response to xwingx

I don't think that it was the 10.6.8 update. There was an update to the Epson drivers that came out only a couple of days before 10.6.8 became available. You most likely installed the Epson 2.7 drivers along with 10.6.8. That version of the Epson drivers will not work with your printer. See my post in a similar thread on how to revert back to the Epson 20.6 drivers.

Printer not working after 10.6.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.