Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail sending/receiving from wrong account

I have three accounts in Mail, a personal account, a work account, and a Mobile Me account. For some reason, sometimes mail is sent from the wrong account.

Here's the steps that happen:

1) Receive message at my personal account. (Note: the same behavior happens when replying both from the all-encompassing "Inbox" and the Inbox for the account.)

2) When I reply to the message, it shows that it's being sent from the personal account. The reply-to field is blank.

3) When I receive a reply to that message back, it comes to my work account.

4) Replying to that message sends it from my work account.

"Send new messages from" set to "Account of selected mailbox"

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 11:28 AM

5 replies

Aug 11, 2011 1:53 PM in response to bbelhumeur

Just deleting and reconfiguring the accounts did not fix the problem, but deleting the Mail folder in my /user/library and reconfiguring accounts seems to have fixed it for now...

1. Delete the Mail folder from User/Library/. This folder is hidden in Lion. To access it from the Finder, select the "connect to folder" option from the Go menu and type: ~/Library

2. Reboot

3. Open Mail and reconfigure accounts.

This assumes that you keep your mail on the server and can download it again when you recreate the account.

Mail sending/receiving from wrong account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.