Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hostname mismatch - Server.app/Server Admin

Hi All,

I have a strange one here. I seem to have a "mismatch" in hostname between Server.app & Server Admin - this also seems to be causing issues with SSL which is calling out a "hostname mismatch" between the SSL certificate and the server using the certificate (because it believes the server names don't match).

Server.app - says hostname is srvmacmini.yourdomain.net.au (correct config)

Server Admin says hostname srvmacmini-yourdomain-net-au.local (note the inserted "-" and .local)

Computer name is set to srvmacmini

Using the terminal - hostname is srvmacmini.yourdomain.net.au

DNS still seems to be working ok with all names resolving as expected - srvmacmini.yourdomain.net.au

I have tried to reset the entry in Server Admin to match the entry in Server.app - however it won't let me update the entry for some reason.

Would really appreciate someones insight on this.

Finally - a complaint/rant - I frankly don't know why Apple cannot develop a SINGLE and efficient admin interface, this current mashup of tools where your switching between Server.App, Server Admin, Workgroup and then Profile Manager and everything else is frankly not efficient and leads to issues as described above in my view. No point having two GUI's to managed the same set of config values.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 2:41 PM

There are no replies.

Hostname mismatch - Server.app/Server Admin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.