Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic (Finder Window Bug)

Greetings,

While most things are working well in Lion, I am starting to see its flaws little by little. Such as ichat not able to receive audio if I initiate video chat.

The more I use Lion, the more I am starting to regret it. Just out of curiousity, is anyone else getting this bug on Logic? Please let me know if you do, just so I don't feel like perhaps Apple dropped the ball only on me this time.

The bug, at least to me, seems to be on the finder window for Logic. For example, if you open a new project with (Command+O) or load samples into EXS or Ultrabeat. I get this massive space inbetween the right column and the file browser. Example below.

User uploaded file

No matter how many times I re-adjust the columns, it always reverts back to the space. Kind of kills workflow if you really widen the window to access your drives and content. You lose a few inches of screen real estate that gets to be pretty major after several hours of working.

If you get this bug, we better start voicing it to the Logic team, as 9.1.5 did not fix the problem. I'm giving Apple one more chance with 10.7.1 or 10.7.2 before it starts to become a problem. And I'm talking about the big picture, not just a finder bug.

Here's hoping.

Cheers

LGK

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 3:59 PM

12 replies

Jan 28, 2012 3:50 PM in response to crunch483

Ever since Lion, Logic does not behave very well. Nothing has been done to solve this minor problem. Honestly, I can't hate Apple for not fixing this. However, we do have other options. Converting this massive long rant into a compressed nice and neat post: Presonus Studio One.

Logic has moved me elsewhere. Honestly, aside from not being able to map transport buttons to a controller, Studio One can do everything else. Brilliantly I might add. I know that's not the answer most people look for when trying to solve a Logic finder window bug. But I must say, switching to something else for all my future projects has been the greatest investment of my time and money in a long time.

LGK

Feb 9, 2012 6:55 PM in response to Arvid Tomayko-Peters1

You know, allot of these problems will never be addressed at this point. The workflow and intuitive usage suffers plenty with these bugs. However, at the stage its in, Logic X (Garageband pro) is right around the corner, so apple doesn't see the point in fixing obsolete software. I'm jumping the gun on expecting apple to drop the ball on Logic, but with their current "Pro Apps" track record, you'd have to be a little foolish not to think that.

In my opinion, and I must be clear, my opinion, apple no longer sees any profit in supporting their professional customers. Too many non-creative humans are fattening their pockets with plenty of cash from useless non-pro audio apps for idevices.

I don't blame apple, afterall, its all about the money if you're a corporation right? We have other choices, lets just go there. Apple won't miss us, not one bit.

As for the finder window bug. Its still there after 10.7.3 and 9.1.6. It will be there forever along with all the other bugs as it has for years now. Remember, you don't have to live with it. Lets not be lazy and start packing our bags. Its time to go.

LGK

Mar 28, 2012 6:14 PM in response to electrik

I think people should go ahead and rant about this as much as they want, regardless of their reasons for doing so...it's ridiculous that Apple wouldn't fix something so basic. I bet if I went into an Apple Store and opened up Logic on one of their demo machines that this bug would be there, plain as day - you'd think they'd at least want to make it seem like they have their act together and get rid of obvious bugs with their latest version and OS to give a good first impression to new users...

I have to admit it's quite minor in the grand scheme of things...but if Apple doesn't have this fixed by Logic 10 then I'll really be annoyed.

Mar 29, 2012 1:12 AM in response to crunch483

I suspect this is a Lion issue not a Logic issue. I have the same problem with MS Word (only it's worse there as it goes off screen and you can't get it back). Who knows if it's being fixed, there's a lot of improvements needed in Lion but instead we're now racing towards Mountain Lion... as for Logic X...???

PS. Logikal we get the point, but do us a favour and stop going on about Studio One.

Logic (Finder Window Bug)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.