Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cost of iMac Repairs?

My mid-2010 27" iMac recently took a spill from my desk with thanks to a couple of children who managed to access my almost-always locked home office. The damage to the system is purely cosmetic, or so it seems. The front glass panel completely shattered and the aluminum frame was dented up pretty bad from impact. I am curious of anyone has any idea of what repairs might cost me on this. I live pretty far away from any Authorized Apple Service Providers, so I was hoping to get a good idea of what the damages are before I go to one.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 6:08 PM

13 replies

Aug 8, 2011 6:54 PM in response to RobertDevious

Dismantling an iMac is not for the faint of heart; you can google for it and wind up with several videos - I understood that it was the glass and front frame? Or is it the rear? That would be far more difficult. ( had an AASP here replacing a logic board and it was not pretty (and he knew what he was doing).....

You can also check iFixit - not sure they have video instructions, but they do have parts I think.

Jan 2, 2012 6:54 PM in response to joshfromnorwood

Are you talking about the logic board I mentioned? That would have been my last iMac and, the repair was done at my house (compliments of Applecare) free of charge, but I've heard that logic board replacements are usually $700 - 900.

Now, my current iMac's Superdrive just stopped functioning and there is an AASP coming to my house on Thursday to replace it - also compliments of Applecare (free of charge).

Jan 2, 2012 8:10 PM in response to joshfromnorwood

The way it works here: you replied to the correct person (the one you wanted to talk to, so you did it right!), but these posts are not personal emails - your post will appear here and, for instance, since I subscribed to this topic, I will get an email telling me you posted a reply. If the person your responded to is still subscribed, s/he will also get an email - if they're not, they may or may not. That's why I responded to your last post: I didn't even look to see that you replied to someone else......

Cost of iMac Repairs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.