Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.4 Smart Playlists: Don't have the "..." ellipsis button to add nested conditions

I've discovered that I'm not getting the ellipsis button that lets me add nested conditions into my smart playlists.

This may have happened when I updated to 10.4 since I hadn't created any smart playlists recently.

These nested conditions still appear in my old playlists but they still lack the "..." button next to the "+" and "-" buttons.

User uploaded file

The only way I've found to get around this is to make a duplicate of one of my existing playlists and then cut and change the criteria I want.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 9:34 PM

Hold the Option key and the Plus sign will turn to an ellipsis.

5 replies

Oct 16, 2011 3:39 PM in response to Chris CA

This is helpful, Chris.

I just tried it and found this problem I don't know how to solve.

I have only two nested conditions in my smartplaylist - A & B - each with two sub conditions namely A1 & A2 and B1 & B2. Now I want to add (and continue to add in the future) more top level conditions C, D, E, ..., such that each of them will have their own sub conditions C1 & C2, D1 & D2, etc.

I have tried clicking option+"+" key on each of the "+" signs on the screen but none allows me to add another top level condition. All the conditions addes are in tier 2.

How do I achieve that? The only thing I can think of to do is to start from scratch again and make sure I end the smartplaylist with a dummy condition that is not nested and which will produce a result that is a subset of the nested conditions (so that I won't add any songs I don't want). Not elegant but it works but this is apple so I thought an elegant solution might exist.

Thanks.

iTunes 10.4 Smart Playlists: Don't have the "..." ellipsis button to add nested conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.